Pages 1-100
Pages 101-200
Pages 201-300
Pages 301-400
Pages 401-500
Pages 501-600
Pages 601-700
Pages 701-807:
1. She told herself she would die for him, if she must. She was the blood of the dragon, she would not be afraid. Her brother Rhaegar had died for the woman he loved.
STOP TRYING TO TELL ME THAT DANY LOVES DROGO. THAT IS NOT HOW LOVE WORKS.
2. 2/3 of a page spent on Bran listing out all the dead kings from whom the Starks are descended. Waste of space.
3. Drogo held her in strong arms, and his hand stroked her sex and opened her and woke that sweet wetness that was his alone, and the stars smiled down on them, stars in a daylight sky. "Home," she whispered as he entered her and filled her with his seed, but suddenly the stars were gone, and across the blue sky swept the great wings, and the world took flame.
Do I even need to say anything? I thought not. Most discerning readers should be hearing alarm bells just reading that passage.
4. "I understand that you loved him," Ser Jorah said in a voice thick with despair.
I despair as well, when a relationship like this is written as if it was some sort of epic life-changing love.
Aaaand I think I'm done with this stage of the review. Phew! That's nice. Now only a little bit more agony remains to me before I can get rid of this stupid book.